Hosted by WASD in collaboration with the Middle Eastern Knowledge Economy Institute (MEKEI).
Focus: The scope of events that includes but not limited to:
- Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region capacity development and cultural identity in a homogenised global future.
- The shift in energy land scape and the growth in Asian economies will impact the (MENA) region petroleum-based economy, forcing a shift in a new technology, efficiency, and innovation.
- Subsidies and labour markets reforms are needed to overcome debt financing and resources impact to a road map toward difficult fiscal choices in the future.
- MENA economies are becoming more integrated into emerging markets not by increased trade but through state-led development partnerships and the use of aid and economic statecraft.
- The role of the education and universities in a transforming economy from knowledge imitators to innovation instigators
- Beyond technology and automation AI and ML transforming economy analytically.
- Equality, diversity, poverty, food and agriculture and waste management the new Vision in MENA.
Global Minds Debate
The aim of these series of Global Minds Debates is to stimulate and excite people from across the world about the current important topics around the world and particularly the topics selected for our annual conferences. Given the current global lockdown from the Coronavirus pandemic, WASD is very keen to share theses debates with our global audience live on WASD Facebook page using various live streaming applications. Each roundtable debate is different ranging from 2-3 international experts talking live for about 45mins to 1 hr max, no slides but rather global minds conversation. Furthermore, we also keen to publish the outcome of all debates in the series in any suitable books and/or journals published by WASD.