Leadership and management trends in the 21st century: management, finance and technology
Four day intensive workshop
Leadership and Management in 21st Century at all levels are becoming increasingly dynamic and complex. Both the public and private sector organisations are confronted by environmental factors such as economic, political, sociological, technological, and legal challenges. The need for leaders and managers at all levels to successfully meet these challenges requires a comprehensive appreciation and understanding of their roles, goals and the expected competencies. The workshop will be facilitated by world renowned experts in Leadership and Management; Finance and Budgeting; Strategy and Performance Management; Artificial Intelligence (AI), Knowledge Management (KM), Data Science (DS), and Digital Transformation (DT).
Prof. John Adams (Professor of Economics and Former Director of the China-EU Research Centre, UK)
Dr. Rawad Hammad (Lecturer, School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering, University of East London, UK)
Dr. Rabie Saidi (Lead Data Scientist, UniProt, European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge, UK)
Dan-Sallau Yahaya (Consultant, Trainer, Analyst and Private Financial Instruments Trader, UK)
Mohamed Elhag (CEO, P3 Transform, UK)
Prof. Allam Ahmed (Co-Director of Centre for Islamic Finance, Law and Communities, University of East London, UK)
What will you learn?
- Understanding the key challenges senior leaders face in leading complex organisations.
- Working and influencing dynamics in organisations, including effective networks development.
- Modern statistics and budgeting.
- Understand the difference between AI, machine learning and deep learning.
- Subjects covered within the workshop will include: introduction to leadership; the difference between leadership and management; leadership skills and tactics; effective leadership; lessons learned from great leaders; communication skills; speaking in public places; and how to become an aspiring leader.
- Participants will acquire comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about AI, KM, blockchain and big data management and approaches in alignment with the local needs and capabilities.
- It is a great opportunity for participants to gain good knowledge on AI and KM and gain background information on problem solving using AI. Moreover you will also learn about problem description, representation and solving using AI and/or KM.
Benefits for employers
- Understanding the potential of AI and KM on your organisation/career in terms of productivity, engagement, loyalty and retention.
- Understand evolving organisational requirements.
- The opportunity for employers to showcase their role in different fields.
- At the end of the workshop participants should have acquired comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about AI and leadership styles and approaches in alignment with the local needs and capabilities.
- After completion of the workshop, participants (supported by their tutor) will be required to write a report describing what they have learnt and what is particularly relevant to their employers. They will be given the choice to focus on one single perspective or to build a hybrid model that will help their employers to achieve their strategic and tactical goals. This will help reassure the employers of the benefits of the programme and help consolidate managers’ understanding.
Included in the workshop fee, the following learning materials will be provided:
- Admission to all sessions.
- All overhead slides.
- Case studies (print and video).
- Certificate of attendance.
- E-copy of the workshop main text book.
Registration and venue
To register for the workshop please contact Janet Snow at: email@example.com.
The workshop will take place at the following address: 8 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3BP.