SUSTAINABILITY LEADERSHIP SERIES
London, United Kingdom
Executive Leadership Post Covid 19 in the Public and Private Sectors
Facilitator: Prof Allam Ahmed, President World Association for Sustainable Development (WASD)
This three-days workshop has been designed to introduce a variety of perspectives on leadership in the public and private sectors in the post Covid 19 era. The workshop aims to enable leaders and decision makers to introduce fit-for-purpose leadership styles and approaches to their organisations in the post Covid 19. At the end of the workshop attendees should be able to acquire a comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about leadership styles and approaches in response to the various challenges in the post Covid 19 era. (watch the Arabic version of the brochure)
لقد تم تصميم ورشة العمل هذه خلال ثلاثة أيام لتقديم مجموعة متنوعة من وجهات النظر حول القيادة التنفيذية في القطاعين العام والخاص في فترة ما بعد جائحة الكورونا. حيث تهدف الورشة إلى تمكين القادة وصناع القرار من استخدام أساليب القيادة المناسبة لمنظماتهم في مرحلة ما بعد جائحة الكورونا. في نهاية ورشة العمل نأمل أن يكون المشاركين قادرين على اكتساب المعرفة الشاملة والخبرة العملية حول أساليب ومناهج القيادة استجابة لمختلف التحديات في فترة ما بعد جائحة الكورونا
What will you learn
- This integrative workshop aims to develop a deeper understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects to leadership, and to develop the essential skills and competencies necessary to plan, monitor and control different tasks and events in the post Covid 19 era.
- Develop an understanding of the different approaches to leadership and management to ensure the organisation is at peace with itself and confident about its future in the post Covid 19 era.
- How organisations can reposition and rebrand themselves as an excellent provider of products and/or services, achieve national and international recognition in the post Covid Era.
- How organisations can effectively handle the changing expectations of end-users; increased competition in the sector; reduction in income; changing technology and other issues as the result of Covid 19 pandemic.
- This workshop will also complement the different management skills already developed through earlier other (if any) management training and courses.
- In addition, participants will have insight into: critical analysis; interactive and team working; creativity; and problem solving.
Profile of Target Beneficiaries
- The workshop covers materials for all levels from supervisory through to senior level.
- Government officials: minsters, undersecretaries, directors, etc.
- Private sector: CEOs, managers and directors responsible for transformation, project, programme, performance, excellence, knowledge, innovation or change management.
- Experienced managers who have significant futures oriented management responsibilities, and who are interested in reflecting on their own experience and discovering new ideas.
- Academics including vice chancellors, deans, heads of departments, researchers and students who are interested in leadership and in being part of an engaging educational experience that explore the challenges and opportunities that face organizations.
- Youth, NGOs (voluntary) and civil society groups (public).
- Professionals, SMEs, Start-ups and other stakeholders.
Benefits for employers
- Understand evolving international requirements for achieving the 17 SDGs of the 2030 Agenda.
- The opportunity for employers to showcase their role in different fields.
- After completion of the programme, participants (supported by their tutor) will be required to write a report describing what they have learnt and what is particularly relevant to their employers. They will be given the choice to focus on one single perspective or to build a hybrid model that will help their employers to achieve their strategic and tactical goals. This will help reassure the employers of the benefits of the programme and help consolidate managers’ understanding.
- For each session there is an activity or set of activities. These are designed to help you engage with the introduction to the theories explored within the workshop.
- Your tutor will be on hand to guide you through the course and will expect you to bring to bear personal experience and reflection on the topics covered.
- At an additional cost, after competition of the workshop, attendees to write a report, supported by the tutor, of what they have learnt and what is particularly relevant to their employers. A focus to be one aspect of the workshop which has implications for the way they will improve their professional practice when they return to their employers. This will help reassure the employers of the benefits of the programme and help consolidate the understanding of the manager.
- Welcome and overview
- Characteristics of post Covid 19 business environment
- General introduction to leadership
- Difference between leadership and management
- Discussion and personal reflection
- Reflection on day one
- Strategic leadership and planning
- Leadership skills and tactics
- Understanding the problem in your organisation
- Discussion and personal reflection
- Reflection on day two
- Aspects of the transforming learning and knowledge
- Effective leadership
- Lessons learned from great leaders
- Discussion and personal reflection – next steps
Included in the workshop fee, the following learning materials will be provided:
The masterclass will be delivered via video conferencing facilities from London. To register for the workshop please contact Reem Elhussien at: firstname.lastname@example.org.