WASD has built a strong network of researchers, policy makers, educators, consultants and employers from all parts of the world to exchange knowledge and experience and discuss current developments and challenges. This directory can be used to help find, support and collaborate with experts from the WASD network. Interested in joining the WASD expert directory? Complete the application form. Please check your details in our directory after 48 hrs and if you can not find your name, please contact the directory coordinator at [email protected] You can also join the expert directories of our sister organisations: Middle Eastern Knowledge Economy Institute (MEKEI) and Sudan Knowledge (SK).
Dr. Rui MuAssociate Professor Dalian University of TechnologyFaculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Rui Mu is an associate professor at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Dalian University of Technology, China. She obtained her Msc and PhD degrees at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands. Her research interest lies in the area of public policy, transport planning and environmental collaborative governnace. Her recent research focuses on polycentric governance (e.g. public private partnership) in sustainable development. She published a number of articles around this areas in Journal of Urban Technology, Journal of Transport Geography, Transport Policy, Policy & Politics, and Policy & Society.
- Wang, H., Mu, R. and Liu, S. (2017) The effects of privatization on the equity of public services: evidence from China. Policy & Politics, early online version. (SSCI) https://doi.org/10.1332/030557317X14938075758967.
- Mu, R. and de Jong, M. (2016) A network governance approach to transit-oriented development: integrating urban transport and land use policies in Urumqi, China. Transport Policy, 52: 55-63. (SSCI)
- Mu, R., Mouter, N. and de Jong, M. (2016) Strategic Use of Analytical Information in Transport Planning in China: How Is It Different from Western Democracies? Journal of Urban Technology, 23(2): 3-22. (SSCI)
- Wang, H., Mu, R. and Liu, W. (2016) Privatization reversals of bus transport service: a case of Shanghai in China. Urban Policy and Research, early online version. (SSCI) http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08111146.2016.1221812
- Mu, R., de Jong, M., Ma, Y. and Xi, B. (2015) Trading off public values in High-Speed Rail development in China. Journal of Transport Geography, 43（Feb）：66-77. (SSCI)
- Mu, R. (2013) Transit-Oriented Development in China. How Can It be Planned in Complex Urban Systems? Delft: Next Generation Infrastructures.
- Mu, R. and de Jong, M. (2012) Establishing the conditions for effective transit-oriented development in China: the case of Dalian. Journal of Transport Geography, 24(Sep.): 234-249. (SSCI)
- Mu, R. and de Jong, M. (2012) Introduction to the issue: the state of the transport infrastructures in China. Policy & Society, 31(1): 1-12. (SSCI)
- Mu, R., de Jong, M., Yu, B. and Yang, Z. (2012) The future of the modal split in China’s greenest city: assessing options for integrating Dalian’s fragmented public transport system. Policy & Society, 31(1): 51-71. (SSCI)
- Mu, R., de Jong, M. and Koppenjan, J. (2011) The rise and fall of public-private partnerships in China: a path-dependent approach. Journal of Transport Geography, 19(4): 794-806. (SSCI)
- Mu, R., de Jong, M. and ten Heuvelhof, E. (2010) A typology of strategic behavior in PPPs for expressways: lessons from China and implications for Europe. European Journal of Transportation and Infrastructure Research, 10(1): 42-62. (SSCI)
- de Jong, M., Mu, R., Stead, D., Ma, Y. and Xi, B. (2010) Introducing public-private partnerships for metropolitan subways in China: what is the evidence? Journal of Transport Geography, 18(2): 301-313. (SSCI)